Graduate Women in Science (GWIS), Research Triangle Chapter is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that supports the professional development of women and underrepresented communities pursuing careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). We strive to build a supportive community that inspires, connects, and empowers women in STEM of all ages, backgrounds, and ethnicites. To fulfill our mission, we host social, professional development, and outreach events within the Triangle region and provide connections with established career professionals, institutions, and universities within STEM. Events such as Spring into STEM, Annual Charity Casino Night, and Halloween Trivia Night provide not just networking opportunities for people but also a common ground to come together and unite in our passion for STEM and scientific research, as well as make friends for life! Our organization relies on tax-deductible financial support from sponsors to sustain our programming needs.
GWIS Research Triangle Chapter sponsorship provides:
- Recruitment opportunities from our network
- Advertising opportunities for increasing brand awareness
- The ability to demonstrate your company or organization’s support for diversity-related initiatives
- The opportunity to support the Triangle Area STEM community
- Mentorship opportunities for interested professionals and/or employee outreach programs